It’s a beauty tip we are told time and time again, but rarely listen to. It’s pro beauty advice that is so easy to do but we always have trouble keeping up. And what is it you may ask?
Yes, simply drinking water is the best winter beauty tip out there. Forget BB creams, over night serums and Kale, plain old fashioned, available everywhere, Water is our secret beauty weapon.
Keeping our bodies properly hydrated is vital for good kidney health. The kidney’s help flush toxins out of our system and we need them to work efficiently. If we’re not drinking enough water, we’re prone to dehydration, and dehydration can contribute to lack lustre skin and a dull complexion.
It’s important to property hydrate our bodies, and according to health authorities, we should be drinking 6-8 glasses a day for optimum results.
The best way to ensure you drink enough water is to try and drink a glass as soon as you wake up. From then on, you’ll be in the zone and it’s easy to stick to. Like they say, it is sometimes the first step that is the hardest to take.
Here are our top tips for drinking those vital 6-8 glasses a day.
- Keep a water bottle with you so you can take regular sips.
- Drink water with your meals
- For every coffee you take, take a glass of water.
- Choose flavoured water if you know you will enjoy it more.
- Eat fruit and vegetables, watermelon and honeydew melon in particular are great for getting water into our bodies.