Your festive guests will love these boozy cupcakes, flavoured with the drink of the moment, gin and tonic…
Preparation time: 10min, plus cooling
Cooking time: 22min
- 100g baking margarine, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 1tsp natural lemon extract
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1tbsp canned Gin & Tonic
- 200ml double cream
- 4tsp icing sugar
- 6tbsp canned Gin & Tonic
- Pearly 100s and 1000s and lemon wedges, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5. Line 8 muffin tins with cupcake or muffin cases. Put the margarine, sugar, eggs and lemon extract in a bowl. Sift the flour on top.
- Using an electric whisk, gently whisk together then beat at high speed for a few secs until well blended. Spoon into the cases, smooth the tops and bake for 20-22min, until risen and firm to the touch. Leave in the tins. Skewer each hot cake and carefully spoon 1tbsp of canned Gin & Tonic over each. Leave to cool in the tins then transfer to a serving plate.
- Softly whip double cream and sieve icing sugar on top. Gently fold in along with 6tbsp canned Gin & Tonic.
- Pipe a large swirl on top of each cake and decorate with a pearly 100s and 1000s and a lemon wedge.
Recipes & Styling: Kathryn Hawkins
Photography: Lighthouse Photography