I thought, why drink Sangria only during summer? This version is not as sweet as the Sangria we are used to as we’ll be using Prosecco DOC as our main ingredient mixed with ice cubes, winter citrus and herbs. A fantastic party drink to enjoy all year round.
Danilo is Head Chef at the Italian Embassy in London. He has appeared on Saturday Kitchen and was a finalist in Masterchef: The Professionals.
- 75ml Prosecco DOC
- 25ml Cointreau (or orange liquor)
- 30ml squeezed grapefruit juice
- 20g brown sugar
- Orange and grapefruit slices
- Bergamot and lemon zest
- Fresh sage, to garnish
- Ice cubes
- Serve in large Prosecco glasses. You can mix this cocktail directly into the glass.
- Once you have sliced enough orange and grapefruit, squeeze the remaining fruit to create 30ml of juice.
- Whisk the brown sugar with the juice until it has fully dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and add the fruit, the zest and a few leaves of sage.
- Pour the Cointreau into the glass and the fruit juice with sugar and stir well.
- Now add the Prosecco DOC and stir gently to avoid losing all the lovely bubbles.