These little parcels of stuffing are packed with chilli-roasted sweet potato and studded with apricots and apple. Replacing the traditional breadcrumbs with Lizi’s Gluten Free Granola makes them deliciously gluten-free too.
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 50-55min
- 2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1 eating apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato (400-500g)
- Sage leaves, finely chopped (leave a few leaves to one side to garnish)
- 250g Lizi’s Gluten Free Granola
- 100g dried apricots (chopped)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A pinch of mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 125g full fat cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the onions and then using a sharp knife cut into small wedges. Peel the sweet potato and also cut into small wedges.
- Place onion and sweet potato wedges into a deep roasting tin. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Place in the oven and roast for around 20min. In the meantime, peel, core and chop the apple into chunks.
- Remove from the oven and add in the chopped apple. Put back into the oven to roast for a further 10-15min.
- Carefully remove the tin from the oven, place on a heatproof mat and drizzle over the honey. Leave the tin to cool.
- Place the chopped sage, mixed spice, salt and pepper, chopped apricots and Lizi’s Gluten Free Granola into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Back to the tin, use a fork to mash some of the sweet potato. Then add the sweet potato, onion and apple from the roasting tin into the mixing bowl.
- Add in the egg and the cream cheese and mix well.
- Tear non-stick baking paper into squares and crush each square into a ball. Un-crumple and use each square to line a hole in a baking/muffin tray. (If the tray doesn’t have holes, place evenly spaced on a flat baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper).
- Spoon the mixture into rough balls (shape with your hands if easier). Place each ball onto the baking paper and push down gently.
- Reduce the temperature to 180ºC and bake for 15-20min in the middle of the oven. Enjoy!
Lizi’s Gluten Free Granola RRP £4.99 for 400g, also available from supermarkets and health stores