An unorthodox, fruitier twist on a classic Christmas tipple, this cocktail combines fragrant spices and bold flavours with classic Freixenet Rosé, to make the ultimate winter warmer.
For 3-4 glasses:
- 1 bottle of Freixenet Cordon Rosado
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Thumb of ginger, peeled
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Clove
- 1 Handful of allspice berries
- Pink grapefruit, sliced
- Pour the Freixenet Cordon Rosado into a deep saucepan, along with the star anise, clove, ginger, cinnamon and allspice berries.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and simmer for 6-7min.
- Strain into a jug, line your heatproof glasses/mugs with a couple of slices of pink grapefruit and serve hot.