Elevate your festive decorations with a stand out piece for the wall or the fireplace. A real departure from traditional displays, this “floral tapestry” can be enjoyed year after year. Here’s how to make your own version…
Your Will Need:
- Wire mesh/grid (think about where you will display the piece and pick a size to suit)
- A selection of artificial stems
- A selection of baubles in your colour choices (pick matt, shiny, textured, frosted etc)
- Begin adding your floral stems to the wire grid in your desired layout.
- Wire groups of baubles together and secure onto the grid with the wire. Start to build up depth in the display by layering. Remember to mix matt with gloss, and texture, to create an abundant feel.
- Continue to work your way over the grid adding in more stems and more baubles. Think about how you group colour. Here we have created a purple and pinks section with pops of orange that move into green.
- Place on your mantle or secure to a wall as a hanging. Style your fireplace with LED candles and lanterns if desired, ready for entertaining your guests.
All items available from Dobbies. Pastel plume stem (assorted) £12.99; Lambs ear spray in dusty pink and grey green, £6.99 each; Eucalyptus antique spray (81 cm), £8.99; Monstera gold spray (3 stems), £9.99; Metallic Eucalyptus stem, £5.99; Juliet burgundy Dahlia (61 cm), £5.99; Blush Peony in fuchsia (62 cm), £7.99; A selection of Christmas baubles in your required colour scheme.