The secret ingredient in this delicious dish is the Gold Label Balsamic Vinegar which adds the perfect balance of sweet and zesty. A great brunch dish for your Christmas visitors…
- 500g cherries, pitted
- 45g brown sugar
- 2tbsp gold label balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 2tsp clear honey
- 2tbsp water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 fresh eggs
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 8 large bread slices
- 40g butter
- Spoonful of Greek natural yoghurt
- In a small pot, add cherries, sugar, Balsamic Vinegar, honey and water. Allow to bubble over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10min. Transfer into a bowl to cool.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sea salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Add bread slices and coat in the mixture.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. cook the bread slices for about 2-3min for each side until golden.
- Serve your French toasts with the cherry compote and dollop of Greek yoghurt drizzle with balsamic vinegar for a deliciously sweet Balsamic variant of your french toasts.