Recipe by Tracklements
A great dish for Christmas entertaining, be that in a buffet, for a supper gathering or just to feed Christmas guests who are staying for longer over the festive holidays.
Cooking time: 1hr
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 320g pack shortcrust pastry
- 2 large courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1-2tsp salt
- Knob of butter
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut into chunky slices
- 215ml whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Ground black pepper
- ½ jar of Tracklements Sticky Fig Relish
- 110g soft goats’ cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C, Fan Oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour and roll out the pastry into a large circle approx. half a centimetre thick. Line a tart tin (about 23cm) with the pastry and cut away the excess. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, line with baking paper, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 10-15min until the pastry starts to turn golden. Remove paper and beans. Cook for 5min more until crisp and cooked through. Leave to cool.
- Put the courgettes into a bowl, sprinkle with 1-2tsp of salt and mix. Leave for a few mins then tip onto kitchen towel or a clean tea towel and press to remove all the excess liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the courgettes and tomatoes to the pan. Cook for around 3min. Put the courgettes and tomatoes in a bowl and add the cream and the egg. Add some ground black pepper (and salt if the salt from the courgettes isn’t enough).
- Reduce oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Spread the Sticky Fig Relish over the bottom of the tart case, add the courgette mixture, crumble the goats’ cheese on top. Bake for 40min until set.
- Cool before cutting.