Perfect for house guests who don’t eat meat… or anyone who would like a lighter, spicier main meal option
- Large mushrooms
- 50ml olive oil/veggie oil
For the spice mix
- ½tsp tumeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp paprika
- 2tsp salt
- ½tsp cayenne
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp garlic granules
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, sliced
- Small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pickled jalapeños
- 100ml yogurt
- 200g Sainsbury’s chestnut baby mushrooms
- Cast the spices into a bowl with 50ml of olive oil and mix well. Throw in your mushrooms and toss until well coated.
- Slide them onto a skewer (soak wooden ones in water for 30min beforehand), and grill till soft and golden. Anywhere between 5-10min depending on your heat. Toast your flat breads.
- Now it’s time for the tasty build. Chuck in the lettuce, mushrooms, and jalapeños then drizzle with a bit of yogurt… top with your favourite hot sauce if you can handle it.