A stunning centrepiece, this is remarkably simple to make and full of herby flavours, with a tang of feta-style vegan cheese.
- 200g Violife Greek White, crumbled
- 1 pack vegan puff pastry
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed, water squeezed out
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh onions, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1tsp lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp almond milk
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the filling: Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, the leek and the fresh onions. Cook gently until soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until it is no longer watery. Add the dill, parsley and lemon zest.
- Remove from the heat and add Violife Greek White crumbled, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Using a rolling pin, flatten out your pastry until 1cm thick. Cut out two big triangles of the same size with a small rectangle at the bottom, shaped like a Christmas tree. Use a ruler to create straight lines. From the leftover pastry cut out stars for decoration.
- Place the spinach mixture on one of the Christmas trees, leaving a 1cm border.
- Press it down with a spoon so it is smooth, not bumpy. Lift the second Christmas tree pastry and place on top of the filling.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the branches 2cm apart. Carefully lift each branch one at a time and twist. Repeat with all branches. Add the stars to decorate.
- Lightly brush the pastry with almond milk, sprinkling with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30-40min or until golden.