It’s all about creating an entrance! Go as bold as you like with this Christmas trend, creating a dazzling garland to welcome your festive guests. We show you how to craft your own stunning and light-filled design…
Your Will Need:
- Artificial garlands from Dobbies
- Twinkling lights (consider battery operated if you don’t have a handy plug nearby)
- Real greenery from the garden such as pine cones, conifer branches, bay branches etc.
- A selection of baubles and decorations from Dobbies in your chosen colour scheme (select different shapes, sizes, textures and colours)
- Start with your base artificial garlands. Weave these through the banister to secure.
- Begin to add real greenery from the garden.
- Add lights, battery operated ones work well on a stair to avoid any cables.
- Begin to add your personal style with your baubles and decorations. We’ve used statement silver leaves and flowers, berry garlands and stems. Use wire to secure in place, if needed.
Need help choosing your statement decorations?
Pop into Dobbies Garden Centres where you’ll find a whole array of decorations. Often they are grouped by colour, making it easy to select styles that complement each other. This will help when choosing the extra pieces for your stair garland, bringing the whole design together.