These fun, festive treats are a great recipe for Christmas, and are so easy to make the kids can get involved too!
Cooking time: 20min, plus cooling
- Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper
- 1 large bar white chocolate
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Silver and gold stars, or multi-coloured sprinkles to decorate
- Lay a large piece of Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper onto a flat board – you may need more than one piece of baking paper and boards depending on how many trees you’re making.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of hot (but not boiling) water, allowing the chocolate to melt for a few minutes. The water only needs to be about 5cm deep, ensure that the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Meanwhile, arrange the pretzel sticks on the paper, well-spaced apart.
- When the chocolate has fully melted, spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a very fine, plain, writing nozzle. Pipe zig-zags of chocolate to form a Christmas tree shape, starting narrowly at the top and getting wider for the lower branches.
- Sprinkle stars or strinkles over the decorations, then allow to set in a cool place or the fridge. Once set, the trees will peel easily off the Non-Stick Baking Paper.
Tip: Arrange on a Christmassy plate and dust with a little icing sugar to create a snowy scene! Enjoy!
Recipes & Styling: Bacofoil