This blend of turkey mince, finely chopped mushrooms and juicy cranberries offers a great alternative to the traditional meat-heavy festive indulgences. Perfect for those looking to reduce meat in their diet, and every bit as temptingly tasty!
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 20min
Makes: 12 canapes
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g turkey mince
- 50g frozen cranberries or cherries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4tbsp double cream
- 2tbsp chopped chives
- 12 vol au vent cases or mini pastry cups
- 4tbsp cranberry sauce
- A few dill sprigs, to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC.
- Lay out the pastry vol au vents or tartlets on an oven tray.
- Blitz the mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Mix with the turkey, egg, cream, cranberries and chives and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stuff each case with a generous spoonful of the filling. Bake in the oven for 15-20min until golden.
- Remove from the oven and spoon over a touch of cranberry sauce. Top with a dill sprig, then serve warm.