An eye-catching, healthy buffet addition suitable for all guests including vegans, these luscious Violife rolls capture all the flavours and goodness of the Med. They look wonderfully festive too!
Preparation Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 15min
- 150g Violife Creamy Original vegan cheese
- 200g Violife Greek White block, crumbled
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp fresh oregano
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 10 semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the aubergines and courgettes lengthways into thick slices.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat, brush the slices with olive oil and grill until golden. Set aside on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- In a medium bowl combine Violife Creamy, Violife Greek White, garlic, lemon zest and oregano. Stir well, season and set aside.
- To assemble, spread 1tbsp of the creamy mixture onto each aubergine and courgette slice, adding a basil leaf and half a dried tomato.
- Roll up and use a toothpick to secure.