Move over Turkey, there’s a new roast in town! Teamed with Winter Fruits, this Roast Pork will delight everyone.
Roast Pork often gets left at Chrsitmas time, what with Turkey the star of the show, but this year, it’s back with the wow factor!
2.5kg boneless leg of pork
2 – 3 eating apples, cut into wedges
1 small bunch seedless white grapes
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1.Rub the pork skin dry with kitchen paper and cover with 3tbsp of salt, working it into the cuts. Leave at room temperature for at least 30 min. The salt removes excess moisture from the skin to ensure crisp, delicious carving.
2. Heat the oven to 220c, Fan Oven 200c, Gas Mark 7.
3. Rub off all the salt from the joint and from between the cuts and pat dry again. Lightly cover the rind with 1tsp salt.
4. Put into a roasting tin and cook for 30min per 450g, plus 35 min. After the first 25 min, reduce the oven temperature to 180C, Fan Oven 160 C, Gas Mark Four.
5. Add the apple wedges to the roasting tin 15 min before the end of cooking. Remove the pork from the tin to a warmed serving plate, cover with foil and a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 20 min.
6. Whilst the pork is resting add the grapes to the apples in the roasting tin and put back in the oven for 10 – 15 min until slightly soft and warmed through.
7. Arrange the roasted fruits and pomegranate seeds around the pork on the serving plate. Garnish with sprigs of sage and serve with potatoes and vegetables as desired.
15 minutes plus resting
3 hr 20 min (pork)
15 min (fruit)
Now make some party food with style!
Recipe: Maxine Clark